Professional Development Programme
At the request of the Health Service Executive, RCSI have developed a Professional Development Programme (PDP) to facilitate NCHDs in Surgery and Emergency Medicine who are not engaged in specialist training to maintain their professional competence requirements. The RCSI Professional Development Programme will enable NCHD’s enrolled in the programme to achieve a minimum of 20 External Credits per annum. These credits can be used to help meet the requirements outlined by the Irish Medical Council regarding the maintenance of Professional Competence. Classes for the third cycle of PDP are due to commence in September 2013.
The Professional Development Programme Curriculum
The PDP programme has three major components:
- 1. Knowledge (Online/Classroom Learning Activities, and Scientific Conferences/Meetings)
- 2. Technical Skills
- 3. Personal Skills/Human Factors
- must be enrolled in the relevant Professional Competence Scheme applicable to their specialty and area of practice as required by law
- must hold a current NCHD Contract
- must work within the Public Health Service
- must not be enrolled in an intern training programme under the auspices of an Intern Training Network or a specialist training programme under the auspices of the one of the Irish postgraduate training bodies; and
- must be registered on the General Division orSupervised Division of the Register of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council
Our new timetable of courses will commence in September 2013, please contact us to register your interest in enrolling on the programme or for guidance re eligibility or other aspects of the programme.
Department of Surgical Affairs
Tel: 353 (0) 1 402 2166/2524
web: Professional Development Programme